Thursday, January 15, 2015

Goodbye Target Canada!


I woke up to the news that Target was pulling out of Canada. Target plans to close all 133 brand new locations. Somehow the news came as a surprise to me, despite the fact that Target had lost millions trying to expand into Canada. That wasn't surprising. I've been to Target quite a bit and I've noticed empty shelves and prices that don't compete with stores like Wal-Mart. Doesn't sound like a winning business model to me.

What's truly saddening here is that 17,600 workers are about to lose their jobs.

Recently, Target has expanded their Nyx line and finally the Butter glosses became available to the Canadian market. I'm really going to miss picking up a butter gloss as opposed to ordering it online and having to wait for it to ship to my house. Also we Canadians have to say goodbye to Pixi (there are so many lovely items I haven't tried yet!) as well as Sonia Kashuk and E.L.F.

Target has yet to announce a date as to when it's closing so if you're hoping to try out cosmetics for any of those brands mentioned, you should hurry!

Fair thee well, Target Canada, though we barely knew ye!

For more information check out this link http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/target-closes-all-133-stores-in-canada-gets-creditor-protection-1.2901618

No comments:

Post a Comment