Friday, June 26, 2015

Kiss My Face Pure Coconut Milk Soap Review




So my foray into the world of bar soaps that aren't from Dove continues! This time I spotted a delectable sounding bar soap from Kiss My Face which is the pure coconut milk soap. I love coconuts and the nourishing properties of coconut milk so I couldn't wait to lather up with this soap!

Claims from the packaging: Cleanse and indulge your skin with 86% pure Coconut Milk soap known for its hydrating benefits. Perfect for all skin types!

I bought this bar soap online at Well.ca for $4.49. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it so I just purchased one bar for reviewing purposes.

Here's the ingredients list and sure enough there is a lot of coconut in this soap! Coconut oil, glycerin from coconuts and of course coconut milk. I was intrigued at the fact that sea salt was in there as well as fragrance.


It doesn't smell like coconuts. It actually smells a lot more like lime with a hint of creamy softness. The smell is very soft, not at all overwhelming. It's not very strong which is what I expected from a naturally sourced fragrance. I like it!

Here's the bar in my hand so you can see how large it is. It's pretty big! A lot bigger then the largest of my Dove soaps.

It lathers really well. You're left with big, fluffy, creamy clouds of lather. It feels incredible on my skin. Creamy and hydrating and very nourishing. The sad part comes once I wash it off. It gives my skin that same feeling of squeaky tightness! I know that might not be a deal breaker for some, but it's important to me. I like my bar soaps to be like solid slabs of body wash, I expect them to leave my skin with that same feeling of creaminess after I rinse myself clean.

Likes:

1. It's a large bar!
2. It smells really nice!
3. It's full of coconut milk and coconut oil
4. Affordable

Dislikes:

1. The feeling of squeaky tightness it leaves my skin with!

C



No comments:

Post a Comment