Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Thayer's Unscented Alcohol-Free Unscented Witch Hazel Toner

 
 
 
I have a weird experience with toners. One of the first toners I used was the Proactiv toner which I burned through in about three weeks. I was new to this mystical world of toners and my combination skin loved the moisture and the way it would reduce the oil on my face.
 
 My last experience was with a Clean and Clear toner for sensitive skin that burned my face so amazingly I stopped using toners all together.
 
Then I stumbled upon the Thayer's Rose Petal toner online and ordered it, but then I happened upon the Unscented variety at a local health food store and picked it up. I was looking for a gentle toner that would give my combination skin some hydration without stinging. The alcohol free Thayer's sounded like it would fit that bill.

 
Claims from the Thayer's website: You Won't Smell It, But You'll Surely Feel It.

THAYERS® Alcohol-Free Unscented Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera Formula Toner has all the replenishing, revitalizing magic of our scented varieties, but is undetectable by the nose.
 
I found this toner online for $14.79 at Well.ca but currently at the time of writing this post all of the toners and astringents are on sale for about two dollars less. I found this Unscented Toner at a local health food store for $11.39.
 
I love how much product comes in this bottle which makes it so cost effective. The label is nice and gives the bottle this lovely old fashioned apothecary feel. The nozzle that dispenses this product isn't very good and a lot of toner ends up splashing out. I fitted this bottle with a spray nozzle so I'm not too heart broken.
 
The product does have a smell (just the natural smell of the product because there's no added fragrance) but it's not incredibly offensive or very lasting. It smells exactly like Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB cream. Literally the exact same. So if you've got a bottle of that BB cream and you don't like that smell and find it intolerable, then you probably won't be able to deal with this. If I were to attempt to describe it I would say it's a sharp sort of warm, slightly tart scent.
 
The feel of the toner itself is very nice. It doesn't feel hydrating at first, it feels a lot like water but once it dries I noticed my skin didn't feel tight but comfortable. My skin had this beautiful, dewy glow to it and felt hydrated to the touch. My skin felt incredibly soft and slightly sticky. My pores were also less emphasized.
 
If I get the toner on the lines of my lips, my lips feel sort of tingly and numb so I try my hardest to avoid getting the product on my lips. That's along with the smell is one of the only downsides to this toner.
 
I use it as a spray and it's a very refreshing and hydrating mist. When left to dry on the skin, my skin is left with this soft hydration. With too much spritzing my skin looks rather shiny but that's after multiple sessions of all over my face.
 
Likes:
 
1. Hydrating, glowing effect it gives the skin
2. Doesn't sting
3. Large bottle
4. Affordable price
5. All natural, simple, small ingredient list
 
Neither like nor dislike:
 
1. Smell
 
Dislikes:
 
1. The tingly feeling it gives my lips
 
A-

No comments:

Post a Comment