Saturday, November 21, 2015

CoverGirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous Liquid Foundation 320 Soft Sable Review + Swatches




This foundation has been reputed to be a true drugstore gem in the online beauty community. Poor reviews of this foundation are few and far between. That, along with the fact that this foundation retails for a $7.97CDN caught my attention immediately. I'm almost done this tube of foundation and I'm ready to give you my verdict on it.


 Claims from the packaging: One simple step for a flawless, natural look that lasts all day. This formula blends easily to even skin tone and reduce shine all day.

Those claims are true! This foundation is so easy to blend into the skin, I barely have to do any work. Using fingers I can get a great finish, but when I use a blending sponge - like the Quo one I reviewed here - I get a flawless finish.


The left side of the back of my hand has a blended out swatch of the foundation on my hand. The right side of my hand has a drop of foundation, which is a really great match for my skin in the summer and the summer transitioning into fall. Shade 320 Soft Sable is a good colour for my NW45 skin when I've got a bit of a tan. During the winter and the winter transitioning into spring it's just a little bit too dark.

I'm proud of CoverGirl for a while they didn't have Soft Sable in Canada, the darkest shade they had was Tawny and Tawny is much lighter and much more golden. Though they could do better as Soft Sable is the darkest colour they offer and I know there are girls who want foundation who are darker than I am.

This foundation has no detectable smell which is always pleasant, I'm not a fan of scented foundation.

The foundation has a somewhat thick texture but spreads very easily on my skin. After about a minute the foundation sets into a satin matte finish. It's matte, but it's not a flat matte as CoverGirl's 3-in-1 foundation is. It gets dewier as the day wears on, but never gets super greasy.

I find this foundation keeps me matte in all areas aside from my nose which gets oily in two to three hours no matter what I do to it. The longevity of this foundation is really nice. When it fades, it loses its power to mattify and my skin gets dewy but doesn't break up and get patchy.

My skin is combination, slightly sensitive, and acne prone and I've never broken out from this foundation which is really nice.

This foundation feels so weightless on my skin and I love it! I love how this foundation has a thick and creamy texture, yet it feels like absolutely nothing on my skin. This foundation is as comfortable as a moisturizer all throughout the day.

In short, I really like this foundation because of the satin finish, how long it lasts and how weightless it feels. It's honestly one of my the better foundations that I've purchased and I'll repurchase it again, once I finish my grand tour of the foundation world.

I'd recommend this foundation to people who have slightly oily skin. I think it might be a little drying for people with dry skin. People with oily skin will benefit from it, but don't expect it to put a lock down on your oil, it'll keep it at bay but not for an extended period of time.

Likes:

1. Weightless feel on my skin
2. Blends really well
3. Lovely satin matte finish
4. Hasn't broken me out
5. Affordable

Dislikes:

1. I wish it would keep my oily nose under control
2. Needs deeper shades

A+



No comments:

Post a Comment