Thursday, November 5, 2015

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lips Tulle & Bumble Review

 
 
 
These two liquid lipsticks were my first order from Colourpop. I was dying to try out the liquid lipstick phenomenon that was sweeping the blogosphere but I wanted to do it as cheaply as possible. That way if I didn't like the lippies, it wouldn't be too big of a loss. 

 
They sent me this cute handwritten note which I thought was a cute note. I don't think they handwrite the notes anymore, but they're still a really adorable thing to include in a package. These liquid lipsticks retail for $6USD and the price in CDN varies with how strong our dollar is but it'll be around $7.90CDN. 

 
 
I ended up picking up Tulle and Bumble. Tulle is on the left and Bumble is on the right. Tulle is a dark burgundy brown while Bumble is a brightened terracotta rose.


 
Bumble is really bright on my skin worn straight out of the tube without a lip liner. Remarkably bright. So bright I wasn't even sure if I liked it on my skin tone. After playing with it I realized it looks really lovely with a lip liner and a small bit blended with the liner. Bumble is much more opaque then Tulle. 
 

Tulle is my favourite shade out of the two without a doubt. When I first put it on, I was in awe. It's such a beautiful colour! It's almost like a matte MLBB on my skin tone. It's gorgeous. I don't need a lip liner. Tulle is less pigmented then Bumble and I feel like I have to work a little harder (not hard at all but in comparison to Bumble) to get an even coat.

Now about the formula. These things dry quickly (after about twenty seconds) and feel very weightless on the lips so initially after I put them on, they felt so good I didn't even know I had anything on. But later on in the fifth and sixth hours my lips were feeling really parched. After eight hours I just wanted to take these off entirely because the dryness was maddening. At the same time I'm primarily used to hydrating lipsticks and glosses so going from that into one of these was tough for me. Others who have a higher threshold for dryness might find these downright comfy.

They are transfer proof once they've set which is really lovely. My lips don't stick together once they've set. They feel really smooth and soft when I touch my finger against my lips.

Taking these off is easy if you've got oil or an oil based makeup remover. These don't come off with standard cleansing facial towelettes. I appreciate the fact that they don't fade away and the fact that the colour comes off easily at the end of the day.

I do like these as matte lip colours but I'm not a big fan of how drying they are. Of course I expected them to be because that's just how liquid lipsticks are.

Likes:

1. Great range of colours
2. Sets quickly
3. Feels weightless on lips
4. Long lasting
5. Transfer proof

Dislikes:

1. Drying
2. If blending with a liner I've got to work really quickly!


A-

No comments:

Post a Comment