Friday, October 30, 2015

Colourpop Super Shock Cheek Pearlized Highlighters in Most Necessary & Tasty Review

 
 
 
I placed my second order from Colourpop as a little reward. These highlighters are what really caught my attention with Colourpop's brand but I waited so long to try them for reasons I can't understand! I was lusting after Most Necessary for a long time and added Tasty after a little research. These retail for $8USD so currently it'd be about $10.53CDN.
 
 
Colourpop doesn't really have any claims regarding these. They are $8USD for one. In the picture above, Most Necessary is on the left and Tasty is on the right. According to Colourpop's website Most Necessary is described as a "soft copper with rosy gold highlights" and Tasty is described as a "candy coloured coral with multi-dimensional pink and copper duo-chrome finishes." I think these descriptions are spot on for both of shades.


 
These have no smell to them. They feel bouncy and cushiony like Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blushes only these feel wetter. When I blend them out with my finger they get this powdery feel to them, so they have that cream to powder feel. They might look very sparkly in the pan but once they are blended out they give the most beautiful, creamy sheen to my skin.
 
These highlighters feel very weightless on the skin and provide more of a glow then harsh, chunky sparkle.
 
 
 
Here are two unblended swatches on the back of my hand. Most Necessary is on the left with Tasty on the right.
 
I apply and blend these using my fingers. Generally I don't like to use my fingers but these just call for fingers or at least a dense sponge. Brushes only give my skin a sheen, no colour. I don't get any of Tasty's beautiful coral warmth when I use a brush. Applying with a finger and blending with a brush yields somewhat better results but the blending doesn't look as good compared to times when I use my finger. Blending with a blending sponge is one option but fingers are the tools for the job when it comes to these products.
 
I really love both of these a lot! They look so great with any blush I pair them with (Tasty is especially delicious over a coral blush) and look really glowy and lovely on my dark skin. I love the fact that Colourpop came out with so many shades so that a huge variety of skin tones can find multiple colours to create a beautiful looking highlight. 

These highlighters don't emphasize my pores but that could also be due to my application method. I keep my highlighting to the highest part of my cheekbone and farther back from the apples of my cheeks so the product doesn't end up too close to the more porous region of my face.
 
I find these highlighters last all day. After an eight hour day the highlight has faded slightly but has not disappeared.
 
All in all I really like these and I'm really glad I purchased them!
 
Likes:
1. Beautiful, flattering colours
2. Great staying power
3. Doesn't emphasize pores
4. Provides a sheen, not disco-ball glitter
 
Dislikes:
 
1. Can't be applied with a brush.
 
A

No comments:

Post a Comment