Friday, October 16, 2015

Make Up For Ever Chromatic Mix Oil Base 15 Brown

 
 

   If you're an NW45 like me (or darker) you know there are no shortages of foundations that are lighter then our skin tone, especially when it comes to the Drug Store. This is something that Maybelline continues to do. The darkest shades of their foundations are always a touch too light or too golden for my skin tone.

   I decided to give up on the drug store and start buying high end foundations. While I was browsing the Sephora website I happened upon the Make Up Forever Chromatic Mixes. After trying to figure out which colour would safely deepen my foundation without making it too grey I settled on the brown (Sephora Canada says they're online only but I found mine in-store so check your local Sephora if you're interested in buying) I picked the oil base because MUFE says the oil based one is meant for foundations with oil or silicone bases and all of my foundations are silicone based.

     This Chromatic Mix retails for $17 for 13ml at Sephora. MUFE's claims: Chromatic Mix is a liquid pigment that can be mixed with any type of oil or water product base to create your perfect color, and meet each and every need.

Here's the Ingredients List because I couldn't find one online: Aqua (water), Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Neopentyl, Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Talc, Mica, C1 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Phenyl Trimethicone, C1 77491 (Iron Oxides), Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methyylpropanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl, Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Propylene Carbonate, Biosaccharide  Gum-1, Parfum (Fragrance), Butylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid.


    I was afraid the brown wouldn't be deep enough but it's really perfect. Brown is a pigmented, cool chocolate brown. It's deeper then my natural skin tone so it'll work great with all of the foundations that are too light. The texture is thick and creamy and the liquid is incredibly pigmented. The bottle and amount of product seems small but the product is incredibly pigmented so you don't actually need a lot to adjust your foundation.

    It mixes very well with my foundations without changing the texture or the finish. I haven't worn it long enough to test it's longevity but I will update this post with the results later on.

   
 
   The foundation I used here was Maybelline's Better Skin Foundation in #95 Coconut. The top swatch is the foundation mixed with a single drop of the MUFE Chromatic Mix in Brown. The bottom swatch is the foundation just by itself. As you can see the foundation in the top swatch is much cooler and darker while the bottom swatch is very yellow and lighter.

   So all in all this pigment does exactly what it I wanted it to; to adapt my foundations and give me a better fit. Now I don't have to buy a new foundation when the summer comes back and I can try a couple drug store foundations that I ruled out as being too light (like Maybelline's Matte + Poreless!)
 
Likes:
 
1. Perfectly adapts my foundations
2. Doesn't change the texture or the finish
3. Not too expensive
4. Very pigmented
 
Dislikes:
 
1. I'd like a larger size!
 
 
A+

No comments:

Post a Comment