Thursday, October 1, 2015

Blistex Soft & Lush Lip Balm Review

 
 

I was browsing Walmart as I am wont to do and I spotted this cute little tube. It called to me immediately. Maybe it was the soft cherry blossoms on the packaging, or the pearly pink tube or the fact that I promised me a "creamy smooth texture for supple, kissable lips", maybe it was all of the above.

Claims from the packaging: Blistex Soft & Lush brings lips to a deeper level of softness for the ultimate in soft, kissable lips. A smooth, rich, blend of moisturizers and conditioners for unparalleled softness. The super lush, ceramide-enhanced formula helps lips retain moisture leaving them supple and deeply hydrated. Plus SPF sun protection. This lip balm retails for about $3.67.

If you've been following my blog for some time you'll know that I abhor greasy, thin lip balms and love thick creamy lip balms. This lip balm doesn't disappoint. While it isn't as creamy as a Nivea lip butter, it's wonderfully creamy and feels so comforting on my lips.

The hydration on this lip balm is fantastic. I feel like this lip balm is sinking into my lips and hydrating them, not just sitting on the upper layer.

Soft & Lush is clear with no hints of whiteness which certainly is impressive considering the fact that this lip balm has an SPF of 15. I remember I bought Nivea's Sun Protection lip balm and that thing was like applying white lipstick to my lips, no word of a lie! So Soft & Lush certainly impressed me.

The smell of this lip balm was a surprise as well. I was expecting it to be scentless or softly floral but this balm had a totally different smell. It smells so good! Literally like a French Vanilla from Tim Hortons. Or like a coffee cake drizzled with vanilla icing. It's really a delicious smell. It's sweet and delectable without being cloying.

It tastes pretty inoffensive too if you happen to taste a little of it. It's mostly tasteless with a slight sweetness from the saccharin.

In short I really like this lip balm and I actually reach for this more then my Holy Grail Nivea Essential lip balm.

Likes:
1. Creamy, rich texture
2. Hydration
3. SPF without whiteness
4. Delicious smell
5. Affordable price

Dislikes:

None, I'd be nitpicking.

A

1 comment:

  1. I think the flavor is the sugar cone an icecream (here in the states) cone comes on ... the dark crisp one, not the light cardboardy in.

    ReplyDelete