Friday, September 25, 2015

The Face Shop Real Nature Sheet Masks (Lemon, Avacado, Rice, Honey) Review

 
 
 
 
So I've recently fallen in love with sheet masks after trying a really nice one from Shopper's Drug Mart. So I went to The Face shop and picked up three different kinds of their face masks and for $2CDN each, getting a whole slew wasn't too bad.

Claims for the Lemon Mask: This mask illuminates your skin and gives you a flawless complexion! Enriched with lemon extract with brightening properties, it will even out your complexion in an instant!
 

Claims for the Honey Mask: Get radiant and illuminated skin in an instant with this Honey Face Mask. The honey extract, with its nourishing properties, reveals younger looking, invigorated skin.

 
 
Claims for the Avacado Mask: Improve your skin's suppleness and elasticity with this Avocado Face Mask. Rich in nutrients, the hydrating serum contained in this mask is perfect for dry or very dry skin.
 
Claims for the Rice Mask: The Rice Real Nature Face Mask offers you a dazzling, even complexion. Known for its brightening properties, rice extract helps reduce the appearance of age spots and illuminates the skin.
 
So all of these masks have virtually the same list of ingredients save for the addition of their respective extracts (ex. Lemon extract in the lemon mask, rice extract in the rice mask). I leave these masks on for the longest period of time I can and then remove them, patting the excess into my skin. The effect of these masks are all the same to me; my skin ends up looking moist, fresh and very even. 
 
One thing I really don't like about these masks is the high alcohol denatured alcohol content. Alcohol denat is extremely drying and damaging to skin but is often used in skincare to give a product a lightweight feel. When I figured out that these masks had alcohol denat in it I stopped using them.
 
So in short; they do leave my skin hydrated, and even looking - even if that result doesn't last very long - it's doing more harm then good. I can't recommend these for that.
 
Likes:
 
1. Hydrating
2. Makes my skin look even
3. Residue feels light on skin
 
Dislikes:
 
1. Large alcohol denat content
 
C- 

No comments:

Post a Comment