Tuesday, October 6, 2015

My Little Barefoot Venus Haul


   Barefoot Venus caught my eye because of their adorable vintage pin-up girl packaging and the hydrating claims their bath goodies promise. I've been scoping out the brand for a year and after much consideration I ended up ordering a few things from Well.ca. My goodies arrived today and I just wanted to share them with you guys.
    
 
    This beautiful tin houses Barefoot Venus' Bath Soak in the scent Ginger Snap. Smelling it dry it smells more of cinnamon and ginger with a bit of sweetness. I hope the egg nog notes come out when I'm actually taking a bath. I've included a picture here of the actual product itself which is a white powder. The opening does get messy easily but it's not a substantial amount of product and only occurs when I open it (as opposed to leaking all the time) so I'm not too bothered.

    This bath soak has some pretty nice claims and some impressive looking ingredients. For seductively soft sweet-scented skin, just add your little indulgence to steamy running water. Slip in and let the cocoa butter filled water tickle your fancy and velvetize your skin. This bath soak is filled with cocoa butter, shea butter, sweet almond oil and Vitamin E. Sounds hydrating! I know my skin gets extra chapped come winter, so anything that can hydrate my skin sounds heavenly to me!
 
     Now when it comes to these Bath Bliss' I could never find a picture of how these products actually looked! All I ended up seeing were snapshots of the packaging! I didn't know if the bath bliss was a solid object like Lush's bath bombs or if it was powdery like the bath soak. But now I know.
 

    There's the Vanilla Shake bath bliss right there. It's a powder packaged in a little bag. I haven't smelled it yet but I'm looking forward to trying it. Claims? Everything is sweeter when creamy mango butter melts into a sinfully scented bath, leaving  your skin totally irresistible. Being naked has never felt so Good! These are made with mango butter and sweet almond oil which also sounds seriously hydrating.

    Ginger snap is described as "a blend of rich, smooth eggnog and warming ginger are swirled together for the ultimate holiday fragrance". From what I've smelt it smells more like ginger and cinnamon. This season 10% of proceeds from the Barefoot Venus Ginger Snap line will be donated in support of Autism Awareness.

      I haven't yet smelled the Vanilla Shake bath bliss but it's described as "warm Madagascar vanilla growing in berry patch strawberries". I love vanilla scents so I'm looking forward to using this bath bliss.

     Maple Blondie is the newest scent from Barefoot Venus and I think it's a nice homage to Barefoot Venus' proudly Canadian Heritage. Barefoot Venus says Maple Blondie is "Autumn maple, perfectly paired with buttery vanilla and a hint of dark espresso." Sounds delicious! I'm not sure if this scent is limited edition or permanent but I'm guessing it's not because there is no mention of it being limited edition.

     All of these products are very affordable with the Bath Bliss' being $5.50CDN and the large Bath Soak tin being $12.99CDN. I'm always excited to try Canadian bath and body products, especially when they've got such great ingredients. So I'll be back with a review once I've tried them!


No comments:

Post a Comment