Thursday, October 8, 2015

Beauty Empties #3

 

    I didn't have to wait long to accumulate these empties! Usually I keep my empties for more then a month to make sure I have enough to show you guys but this is just for September. Looks like I had a very productive month.


1. Softsoap Spring LE French Macaron Body Wash: I mainly bought this because I'm in love with French Macaroons (isn't everyone?) but this doesn't smell anything like macarons. In fact it smelt exactly like Softsoap's usual Milk and Honey body wash. It's a nice body wash - moisturizing, creamy, doesn't dry out your skin - but I wouldn't purchase this again.

2. L'Oreal Sublime Soft Micellar water: I review this micellar water every time I have an empties post. I definitely adore this micellar water and I can't wait 'til it goes on sale so I can stock up!

3. Olay Essentials Sensitive Skin Lotion: I was using this lotion as a night cream and I didn't really like it. It was hydrating but didn't afford me the deep hydration I want for night time.

4. Clean and Clear Brightening Cleanser: I said I wouldn't buy this cleanser again but there it is! My mom accidentally bought it and she lost the receipt so we didn't bother trying to bring it back. I like how well it removes makeup but it's a drying cleanser that's full of extra additives for those colourful bursting beads that don't do anything. This cleanser doesn't brighten my skin at all. I'm not repurchasing this.

5. Sephora Sleeping Masks (Honey, Lotus and Rose): These are absolutely fantastic. At five dollars a pop and a generous size (I get 7 uses out of each mask) these are my favourite skin care pick me ups. I love how fresh and hydrated my skin feels when I wake up. And they don't stain my pillow or make my face sticky! I've even noticed a slight decrease in my t-zone oil thanks to these. These all had similar effects on my face; nice dose of hydration and a boost of evenness and radiance the next morning.


6. St. Ives Even and Bright Scrub with Pink Lemon and Mandarin: This is a nice scrub with a nice smell. I like a more abrasive scrub to really buff away dry skin and clogged pores. My skin always looks more even after I use this scrub, but the effects are temporary and very fleeting.

7. Degree Women Dry Spray in Clean: Great spray deodorant. It didn't feel like it was working - I'm used to my stick deodorant - but it really works. It kept me dry and smelling great. And it lasted me nine weeks - and I used it daily - so it served a good purpose.

8. Thayer's Unscented Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel Toner: Great toner, horrific smell. Smells like Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB cream which smelt sour and acidic. I loved how hydrating and refreshing this toner is. I loved it so much I purchased the Rose Petal version of this toner to use.

9. Mane 'n' Tail Carrot Oil Crème: This is such a nice leave-in conditioner. In the summer my hair was texturized and I used this to hydrate my thirsty hair. It smells so delicious; exactly like carrot cake. It's got this hydrating, light texture that didn't weigh down my strands or cause them to revert. But lately I haven't been able to find the crème in stores but when I do find it, I will repurchase it!

10. Clean and Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser for Sensitive Skin: It's a nice cream cleanser but nothing revolutionary. Didn't leave my skin as dry as a foaming cleanser but didn't leave my skin as comfortable as well as my current cleanser (Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming cleanser). I won't repurchase this.


11. Now Solutions Sweet Almond Oil: This oil was a gateway oil for me into the world of oils. I bought this back in 2014 and it's lasted me until now. This is an excellent oil that feels so silky on the skin and didn't break me out when I used it on my face. I used it as a moisturizer on my extra dry bits, as an all over body moisturizer, as a moisturizing treat for the bath, as an ingredient in my DIY leave-in conditioner sprays, and the list goes on. Definitely going to repurchase a bottle of this stuff.

12. Maybelline Dream Wonder Liquid Touch Foundation in 90 Coconut: I bought this foundation in the winter and it worked well for me because I was paler then I am right now. I reviewed this foundation here. I liked how light this foundation was and how well it blended in but it really dried out my skin with prolonged used because of the alcohol denat in there. Wouldn't buy it again.

13. Hask Hair Oil in Keratin (Silver Cap) and Monoi (Peach Cap): These saved my hair this summer. I used this as a daily treatment when my hair was out of braids and texturized. These vials of oil might look small but each one last me a full month (I used the monoi oil up to three times a week). You don't need a lot of oil to work it through your hair and that's what makes these vials last so long. I definitely loved the monoi oil more - smells exactly like pina colodas! - and it's not as drying as the Keratin protein one (which is good for strengthening but you're not supposed to use high protein hair products too often).

14. Bath and Body Works Pumpkin Pecan Waffle Nourishing Hand Cream (Fall 2014 LE): This was a great concept but I didn't realize how weird it was going to be to walk around with hands that smelt strongly of maple syrup! The texture on this hand cream was so rich and creamy but the smell drove me up the wall. This would've been better as a candle.

15. Live Clean Baby Shampoo and Wash: I picked up this little sample size to wash my makeup brushes and it did a fantastic job. Had a great smell and rinsed my brushes clean and left them soft. I don't like it as much as my Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo but it's a nice option.

16. Nyx Retractable Lip Liner in Cocoa: One of my favourite lip liners. I've got four of these stocked up. The tawny colour is just perfect for altering lipsticks. Love this colour and I love this formula. It's pigmented and glides on so creamy with a lovely matte finish. I will buy this liner as long as Nyx makes it.

17. Bath and Body Works Caribbean Escape Pocketbac: I really like the fresh, coconut smell of this pocketbac. I love having this on the go and using it to keep my hands clean.

18. Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara: This is my Holy Grail mascara. This is the fourth tube of this mascara that I've used. I love the small wand and how easy it is to maneuver on my lashes. The formula is so dark and smooth. This mascara just makes my lashes so plush and long.

19. Maybelline Baby Lips Crystal in Pink Quartz: My favourite baby lips ever. I love the slight pink flush and soft pearly shine it gave my lips. The smell is delicious too; like juicy raspberry. I wish it had SPF in it (and was a thicker and less greasy) then it would be my Holy Grail lip balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment