Thursday, May 21, 2015

Sephora Collection Pearl Sheet Mask Review




So I decided to try some sheet masks and I picked up this one from Sephora. My main skincare concern right now is fading all of the dark spots on my cheeks left over from years of acne which is why I picked up the Pearl mask.

Claims from the Packaging: Mask enriched with natural origin white pearl; evens out skintone and helps minimize irregularities, stimulates skin for high luminosity, for skin that is even, fresh and brighter.

This mask retails for $8 at Sephora. It's steep for a one time use mask and I decided if I didn't see some serious results I wouldn't return to them. I mean The Face Shop sells actual Korean sheet masks for much less than this!


There are a whole bunch of other extracts in this mask like rice extract, mushroom extract, Madonna lily extract, broccoli extract, and lastly comes conchiolin powder which is the aforementioned pearl powder.

This mask has an odd, slightly raw smell that wasn't too bothersome as it went away after a while.
Here's the mask after I used it. It's really large! The sides extend to my ears and the part under the mouth goes right underneath my chin. But aside from that my face fit in fine. The mask is really soaked in serum when you take it out of the package.

When I put it on my face I felt a slight stinging sensation but as I continued to wear it, it was replaced with a very cool sensation. The package says I should leave it on for 15 minutes but I leave it on as long as I can. I left this mask on for an hour before bed and when I removed it my face looked more even! My dark marks looked slightly faded! After throwing out the mask, I poured out the remaining serum in the packet and smoothed it over my face and massaged the liquid into my face. The package says you don't have to rinse, so I didn't, I just waited until my face had dried enough for me to go to bed without soaking the pillow. While in bed I noticed my face was a little sticky so I splashed my face with some cold water, patted dry and went back to bed.

The left over serum is so hydrating I didn't feel the need to apply a night time moisturizer. When I woke up the next morning my skin looked great! Hydrated, even, and slightly more luminous then usual! This mask does work, it doesn't offer dramatic results but there is a difference I've noticed in my skin.

I wish I had known about sheet masks earlier because they're remarkably easy to use and give my skin such a nice boost. I love how hydrating his mask is on my skin!

Likes:

1. How much more even my skin became
2. How easy it is to use
3. How hydrating it is
4. Doubles as a night time moisturizer

Dislikes:

1. It stung my face so I'm worried about negative reactions
2. It's really expensive for a one time use mask
3. It smells raw

A-

No comments:

Post a Comment