Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Maybelline Baby Lips Gloss Lilac Lumi Review

 
 


   As soon as I heard Maybelline was going to release lip gloss counterparts to their baby lips glosses I was very excited. I love moisturizing lip glosses so trying out these glosses was a definite must.

Claims from the Maybelline.com website: Kiss off sticky gloss! Color + shine meets serious care. 0% sticky: a new no sticky to shine. 100% creamy shine: creamy comfort and Vitamin E. 4HR moisture; caring oils moisturize, smooth & soften for four hours so lips never feel dry.



I bought this gloss online at Well.ca for $5.99. I picked up the colour lilac lumi because I heard it was the most pigmented shade and from reading the reviews I heard that lilac lumi lasts the longest. At the time of writing this post, Well.ca only has three shades available one from each shade grouping; Pink-A-Boo from the creams, Lilac Lumi from the shimmers and Fab & Fuchsia from the jellies.



Lilac lumi is a sheer purple gloss with violet and blue shimmer. On my lips it gives my lips a soft hint of lilac. The shimmers aren't very evident on my lips. The colour barely shows up on my pigmented lips. I get just a slight hint of colour. Two dips of the wand yields this soft wash of purple on my lips. I don't really mind at all, as glosses are rarely incredibly pigmented and I do prefer sheer and semi-sheer products. In addition to that, I only bought this gloss to use on those days when I wanted something hydrating comfy on my lips and didn't want to reach for something very pigmented.

The feel of this gloss is really nice. I actually like the way this lip gloss feels much better then the baby lips lip balm! This gloss feels creamy and smooth whereas the baby lips balm can feel thin and greasy (Maybelline got that creamy comfort line right!). I can feel a bit of the shimmer - similar to the texture of the baby lips crystal lip balm - but it's barely recognizable over the creamy feel of the gloss.

The wand doesn't grab a lot of product and I find I have to double and triple dip to get enough product on my lips. The tip of the doe foot is rather small and only the tip gets a little dollop of gloss for every dip you do.

The smell of this lip balm is similar to the original Quenched baby lips. It's lemony and sweet and slightly artificial. For me it doesn't linger too long and I'm glad because it's a scent I don't like.

I find this gloss lasts for about three hours which is pretty close to Maybelline's claims. While this gloss is on it does feel hydrating. It feels tackier later on in the wear but I find that's standard with a lot of glosses.

In short; I like the texture of this gloss better then Maybelline's baby lips balm and I'm eagerly awaiting their local drugstore release so I can get another shade. I wouldn't get more then one from each grouping as these glosses are sheer so they probably all look the same once on my lips.

Likes:

1. Creamy feel
2. Nice hydration
3. Not sticky
4. Balmy shine

Dislikes:

1. Doe foot is small
2. Smell is very synthetic

B+

No comments:

Post a Comment