Friday, July 24, 2015

Maybelline Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder in Translucent Review





   My new daily makeup regimen involves translucent powder and after finishing an Essence one which didn't really leave me totally satisfied I decided to try a pressed powder from Maybelline.



Claims from the packaging: For normal to oily skin. Natural poreless-looking finish. Up to 12 hour wear. Long lasting shine control.

This powder retails for $7.96CDN at Wal-Mart and has 8.5g of product in the package. This powder says translucent put the powder in there has a slight yellow peachy tone to it and that got me scared. My old pressed powder was completely white in the compact but translucent on the skin.



The package feels very sturdy and not likely to break. Inside the compact, the powder lifts up to reveal a mirror and a sponge. I have an old Maybelline Fit Me powder (360 Mocha which I think has been discontinued up here in Canada) and that powder came with a powder puff, not a sponge. Both are totally useless at any rate.



The powder is finely milled and devoid of sparkle. It is more pigmented then other translucent powder I've tried. It has some pigmentation to it. Applying the powder with the sponge was a complete disaster. It caked the powder on and made me look like I was dusty in the most literal sense of the word. If you're very pale, applying with the sponge may do you some good as it will add some coverage along with this powder.

If you're not pale, don't use the sponge. I used a brush and I achieved a translucent dusting of powder without the pigment. It looked translucent in artificial light as well as sunlight, so I was covered on all bases.

The powder does completely mattify my skin upon application and leaves it looking soft and perfected. My pores didn't look as emphasized as it did before.

The texture of his powder is rather dry and thin. There's no creaminess to this powder.

Now I don't expect any powder to mattify my skin, I've been dissapointed too many times. The best powders can only keep my extremely shiny nose under control for an hour before succumbing to the oil. I've fared better with primers then powders, so I had really low expectations for this powder.

This powder keeps the rest of my face matte, but my nose continues to shine through after an hour or two of wear. So this powder has the same wear time as my old essence one but with added negatives; a steeper price and less translucence.

So all in all, I didn't really like Maybelline's matte + poreless translucent powder. It works well as a finishing powder but I bought it to keep me mattified throughout the day and it doesn't live up to that claim. It works well as a setting powder but it doesn't succeed at it's intended purpose which is being a mattifying powder.

Likes:

1. Sturdy packaging
2. Affordable price tag
3. Mattifies upon application
4. Works well to set makeup
5. Included mirror

Dislikes:

1. Doesn't mattify for 12 hours like the packaging claims
2. Texture is dry and thin
3. Has some pigmentation and is supposed to be translucent

C

No comments:

Post a Comment