Friday, July 31, 2015

Freeman Feeling Beautiful Diamond Mineral Rinse Review

 
 


Freeman has been knocking it out of the park with their fantastic face masks. Totally curious I picked up the Diamond Mineral rinse to see how well it would work for my skin. And I had never experienced a mineral rinse so I was excited to see how that would go as well. The mask claimed it had diamonds in it and true enough diamond powder is listed in the ingredients!

Claims from the website: Dazzling skin is a girl’s best friend! Our delightfully indulgent mask with Sparkleberry Extract helps fight off environmental assaults to enhance skin’s look and feel over time. Dazzling Diamond Dust flecks glisten as you wear this clarifying clay mask…plus, they polish away dullness to reveal multi-faceted radiance! Unique mask rinses clean for a lasting, super-cool finish. Perfect for all skin types.

This mask trial size packet retails $1.99. You can squeeze two to four uses out of this mask if you store it well which makes it a good value. I've only used it once and I believe I have enough for one to two more uses.



This mask is a creamy white. It's a little softer then the usually stiff, paste like Freeman masks and has scrubbing granules in the mask. Going on the mask feels very cooling and minty. It pairs nicely with the scrubbing action. It's got a berry scent with a slightly artificial lean to it but it's not unpleasant.

When the mask was dry I could see the diamond dust specks glittering on my face. After rinsing I noticed that the mask had a good exfoliation, comparable to an actual mask. It's not too rough so it doesn't make my skin red, it just leaves me with soft skin. It's less abrasive then Freeman's charcoal and black sugar mask (which totally obliterated the clogged pores in my nose).

I wouldn't recommend using this mask before going anywhere, unless you like having random specks of diamond dust on your skin. It's not like I turn into a discoball, but when I turn my head the light will catch a piece of glitter and I'll get annoyed.

In short; I like this mask. I like the minty fresh tingle, the exfoliation, how soft it and fresh it leaves my skin feeling. I feel like this mask is the first successful two in one mask from Freeman. With the clay and pumice in this mask, it functions both as a mask and a scrub whereas with the other two in one mask was more suited to one function (In my opinion, the charcoal and black sugar mask was best suited for scrubbing). While this mask doesn't replace a scrub or a clay mask, it's a nice weekly treatment on it's own merits.

Likes:

1. How soft and fresh it leaves my skin
2. Moderate scrubbing action
3. Says it has diamonds in it and it really does
4. Combines the function of a scrub and a clay mask

Dislikes:

1. Diamond specks are difficult to remove

A

No comments:

Post a Comment