Thursday, March 19, 2015

Hard Candy Glow All The Way & Sheer Glow All The Way Review



I am fairly new to the world of highlighters so I decided to try some cheap thrills to test the waters. So I picked up Hard Candy's Sheer Glow All The Way illuminator in Blushing Babe and after that Glow All The Way in Tropical Tan.

Blushing Babe



 Tropical Tan


Claims: Glow All the Way with this pearly, luminizing highlighters that illuminate any skin tone. Infused with 24-karat gold for a million dollar look! Also available in two shades of tinted sunless tanners to instantly bronze and build a lasting tan.

I think it's pretty neat that Hard Candy has infused these illuminators with gold and at first I didn't believe because I thought that would seriously drive up the price of these highlighters. True enough gold is listed as an ingredient so there is gold in the product though its under the name "colloid gold" which is entirely baffling.

Anyway for the price, these tubes are huge. I use half of a pea sized amount for both cheeks so I shouldn't have bought two of these things because one will last me ages. I don't really mind though. You're definitely getting a good amount of product for the little price you pay.

The product has no discernable smell to me. The texture is very creamy and moisturizing as you apply it. The product doesn't dry down and get flaky, but glides like a lotion. Both are fairly shimmery but isn't obvious and tacky once applied to the skin. It just looks glowy.

I really like these illuminators because they carry out their job well in addition to feeling really nicely on the skin.

Blushing Babe: A pearlescent pink highlighter with a hint of peach. Is as sheer as the name implies.

At the top is a glob which was just too much! I put a glob that same size beneath it and look how much space it covered!

Zoomed in to show fine glitter suspended in gel.

This is Blushing Babe completely blended in. See how soft the glow is? It's subtle but there.

Tropical Tan: A bronzey brown shade with fine shimmer. It's supposed to tan the skin but my skin wouldn't yield any results if it did tan!

There's a much smaller smear of Tropical Tan on the left followed by a blended swatch of Tropical Tan. As you can see it blends in very easily.


All in all; I really like these highlighters and I'm really glad I purchased them!

 A

No comments:

Post a Comment