Saturday, March 21, 2015

Maybelline Baby Lips BUDS Spring 2015 Limited Edition Oh! Orchid & Petal Rebel Review


 
 

This cute duo popped up in Canadian drugstores earlier this week and I managed to snag these two today. I couldn't resist the adorable flower motifs and the pink colours. I had a feeling I was going to like it a lot more then the Winter 2014 limited edition selection because there were no peach shades.


So both of these tubes had barcodes on them which is new to me as none of the other previous shades have had barcodes on them. Perhaps Maybelline is thinking of selling them without the card packing?


From what I've seen these are the only two shades Canada has received: 190 Oh! Orchid and 175 Petal Rebel (Maybelline really needs to stop repeating names. The Color Whisper line also has a shade named Petal Rebel). The states has another shade, Peach Posey and I'm super glad they didn't put that one in the duo. This duo retails for $7.96 at the Wal-Mart where I purchased it but it was on sale so I bought it for $5.96.


Here's Oh! Orchid. It's a pinkish purple shade. It smells like raspberries which is my favourite baby lips scent. It's got the same scent as Pink Shock from the Electro line and Pink Quartz from the Crystal line. This shade is really sheer. I had to swipe it on the back of my hands several times in order to get it to show up. I don't really mind per se because it gives my lips a milky purple tint which is easier to pull off on my NW45 skin if it's sheer.


Here's Petal Rebel. Like Oh! Orchid is has that enticing raspberry aroma. This shade is also entirely clear. I swatched it on the back of my hand approximately ten times and there was the slightest, slightest, slightest, slightest tint of soft pink. I'm a little disappointed that this shade didn't have any tint but it does make it easy to wear as it's clear. I actually love the way it makes my lips look! It's clear but there is a soft hint of colour that bumps it up from a totally clear balm, but keeps it easy to apply without a mirror.

Here's a picture of Oh! Orchid on the left with Petal Rebel on the right. I don't know if you can make it out or not, because it's very sheer.

So there it is. I am disappointed because I was expecting tinted lip balms, not clear lip balms with an inflection of colour but at least they don't look terrible on so I can get some use out of them.

Likes:

1. Delicious scent
2. Fairly moisturizing
3. Cute packaging

Dislikes

1. Says it's a tinted lip balm but only one shade delivers on that claim


B-

No comments:

Post a Comment