Thursday, March 12, 2015

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick Touch of Spice, Mesmerizing Magenta Review




I was super thrilled to see these lipsticks in the drugstore! I'm not too big on matte lipsticks but I love Maybelline and the sound of a creamy matte lipstick was too good for me to resist!


Claims from the Maybelline Canada Website: Only from Maybelline: The Creamy Mattes by Color Sensational deliver a red burst of bold lip color and a surge of creamy texture in 8 make-a-statement shades, for mattes your lips will love to wear! 

These retail for $7.96 at Wal-Mart. The first one I picked up was Mesmerizing Magenta (left) and I loved it so much I wanted it in a more neutral shade so I snatched up Touch of Spice (right). 
I'm bad at describing shade names but I'll try. Mesmerizing Magenta is a bold berry toned fuchsia with a touch blue. Touch of Spice is a warm terracotta rose. Both lipsticks have a creamy glide and are very pigmented, both are one swipe each! They do feel powdery and matte at once on my lips, there's no sheen to these lipsticks at all. When you mush your lips together, the lipstick does feel creamy like a satin lipstick but slightly powdery as well.

As per usual they have an awful coconut vanilla old-school lipstick smell. I wish Maybelline would just do away with this rank scent and make it unscented because that would be a thousand times more tolerable then this scent. 


These lipsticks last a considerable amount of time without fading. I had lunch with Mesmerizing Magenta on and there was a considerable amount of transfer but the colour stayed absolutely put! I love both of these shades and I'm quite pleased with both of them.



Likes:
1. Matte but not drying!
2. Gorgeous colours!
3. They just glide on.
4. Afforadable price!

Dislikes:

1. The lipstick's smell!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment