Thursday, March 5, 2015

New York Colour Expert Last Lip Colour Matte in Creamy Mauve Review

 
 
 

So I popped by Wal-Mart this afternoon and I happened to see these lipsticks had finally landed in Canada. I picked up the only colour I was interested in Creamy Mauve. Usually mauves work really well on my skin tone because they tend to be deep purple-y pinks. This was entirely misleading as it wasn't a matte or a mauve.


Claims from the NYC website: The perfect balance: a mix of matte and satin! These satin matte shades are perfectly wearable in the city. From day to night this lipstick will complete your look.

This lipstick retails for $1.77 which is insanely cheap. So cheap I cannot understand why there's a security tag attached to this lipstick. Anywho the colour is actually a light-medium yellow based pink with a creamy finish.


It's got the same gross berry-candy scent the expert last lipsticks all have. It's got a very hydrating, slippery feeling on my lips. The colour stuck to every crease and flake of skin on my lips. As usual the lipstick doesn't swivel all the way down so you've got to be careful closing the lipstick so you don't slice off a chunk.


So there's the picture of the lipstick on me. As you can see it's pretty pink, no hints of purple here. In addition to that the lipstick is not matte at all! It's a straight up satin!

I definitely won't be using this lipstick ever again. I wouldn't wear it on my NW45 skin (I barely even took a picture for you guys because I knew I looked totally ridiculous). Maybe if I paired it with a lip liner but I just wouldn't wear it by itself. I think this might work better on lighter skin tones.

Likes:
1. Hydrating feel
2. Afforadable

Dislikes:

1. Smells bad
2. Not matte (and it's sold as a matte!)
3. Sinks into lip lines
4. Doesn't flatter my skin tone

C

No comments:

Post a Comment