Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Beauty Empties!

Finally I've finished enough products for an empties post! I don't finish enough products to do this on a monthly basis so I'll show you guys what I've finished after I've accumulated a decent amount of stuff.

1. The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Body Butter: As with most of the Body Shop's delicious body butters, I enjoyed this one immensely. It smells exactly like ripe peaches. Right down to the fuzz. Only thing is I wished the body butter wasn't as stiff as cold butter, a little more like room temperature butter. I won't be repurchasing this body butter, despite how much I like the smell.

2. Equate Sensitive Skin Facial Wipes: I've repurchased this product three times over and plan to continue purchasing it in the future. Not only is it amazing effective at removing makeup without the need to rinse but it doesn't sting my skin like other facial wipes do. Not to mention it's inexpensive!

3. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion: Bought this during a bout of my eczema. Didn't really like it. I found it to be thin and the moisture didn't really penetrate into the dry layers of my skin. Won't be repurchasing this product.

4. Taylor by Taylor Swift: Got this perfume as a graduation present and I finally finished it! I feel very proud of myself because I hardly ever finish anything. I liked the smell in store but it didn't jive once it was on my skin. Every time I smell it I'm transported back to first year university and I really don't need to be reliving that time period. Definitely not repurchasing.

5. Satin Care Ultra Sensitive: Ugh. Used this twice and the pump broke and it's rather full of product but there's no way to get it out. Oh well. It irritated my skin every single time I used it so I'm not bent on getting to the product anyway.

6. Clean and Clear Brightening Facial Cleanser: This is my second and final bottle of this cleanser. It smells like tropical fruit, gets makeup off well and plays nicely with a facial brush but it doesn't do what it said it would; which is brighten dark spots. I didn't really expect it to anyway. I found it drying too. Won't be repurchasing this cleanser again.

7. Johnson's Baby Lotion: This lotion was actually reformulated but it was just as nice as I remembered the original being. If not even nicer. It calmed my sensitive skin down on days when it didn't need extreme moisture. Definitely would repurchase.

8. Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash: I bought this body wash thinking it was unscented BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT SAYS ON THE FRONT OF THE PACKAGE but if you check the ingredients there is parfum. I was so turned off when I noticed that. It did clean and hydrate my skin just the way I liked it, but I don't like misleading products. Will not repurchase.

9. Freeman Feeling Beautiful Avocado & Oatmeal Face Mask: I really liked this mask. It resets my skin when it gets clogged, removes excess oil and softens my skin. I adore this product and I would certainly repurchase it.

10. Dove Pistachio & Magnolia Beauty Bar: Dove makes excellent soap bars that have set the standard for all the other soap bars I try. This bar wasn't an exception. It's virtually a solid bar of body wash and leaves my skin feeling so creamy, not tight and dry. And the scent is heavenly; sweet and indulgent. I've got these bars stock piled!

11. Avon Banishing Cream: I've had this for three years and it took me forever to use it. When I did I found it didn't work at all, even when paired with sunscreen. It did make for a really nice thick moisturizer for me to put on the drier spots on my face like beneath the bridge of my nose and around my mouth. As misleading as it was, I liked how hydrating it was so I'd repurchase it for that.

12. Clean and Clear Deep Cleaning Cream Cleanser: I liked how this was more hydrating on my skin. The menthol in this cleanser irritated me because it's rather cold in Canada right now and I can't deal with the tingling in addition to that. Sometimes I felt this cleanser burning certain areas of my skin. I will gladly part ways with this cleanser.

13. Bath and Body Works Mr. Hedgehog Anti-Bac: I really liked this sanitizer and I think it's so adorable. It smells like green apples which are my uncontested favourite fruit. Great for getting clean on the go.

14. Nyx Sugar Cookie Butter Gloss: Absolutely adore this shade! I can't extol the virtues of this lip gloss enough. Thank goodness I bought a back up because I cannot be without this shade in my arsenal. Check out my original review here.

15. Bath and Body Works Endless Weekend Preview Eau de Parfum: I really loved this scent and I can't wait to buy a full sized bottle of this scent once I've finished off my other scents. It's smells like a happy, warm summer afternoon. It's carefree and sweet.

16. Rimmel London Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara: One of my favourite mascara releases. If I wasn't constantly trying new mascaras I would buy this again. Previously reviewed here.

17. Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm: No. Absolutely never again. I can't express how much I dislike this lip balm, because I've exhausted myself in the first review.

No comments:

Post a Comment