Thursday, February 5, 2015

GOOD TO GO The Body Shop Honeymania Bar Soap Review



I received this soap bar as a christmas gift and I was really looking forward to trying it. I love honey in my bath and body products (it makes me feel so luxurious!) So I had high hopes for this bar soap.


Claims from The Body Shops website: This honeycomb-shaped soap has a cute bee at its centre. It has a rich, floral scent and contains Community Fair Trade honey made from the nectar of over 1,000 wildflowers. Lather up for skin that feels silky soft.

Isn't that bee shape adorable? I just love it. It cost $4.00 for 100g. The honeymania soap is also shaped differently then the other Body Shop bar soaps and I think that it was a smart choice that makes the product stand out.

This soap doesn't smell like honey at all, it's got a light floral scent. I feel like I would have preferred it to have a more sweet, gourmand scent but the floral smell has grown on me. It doesn't linger on the skin afterwards unfortunately.

The soap lathers up easily and feels so silky and smooth on my skin. When I rinse, I encounter problems. My skin gets this squeaky, dry feeling afterward. I can't deal with that. Sure you're supposed to moisturize after a shower but I shouldn't feel as though the soap I'm using is drying out my skin. While I like the scent and the presentation, I'm not going to use this soap on my body. Like all failed soaps I buy, it's going to become a hand soap.

Likes:

1. The floral scent is light and pretty
2. The presentation of the soap is superb
3. The soap does a good job of actually getting me clean

Dislikes:
1. It makes my skin feel so dry!

 C+

No comments:

Post a Comment