Thursday, February 26, 2015

Lush Sultana of Soap Review




Recently I've gotten into Lush products. The sound of fresh, handmade cosmetics just sounded too good to be true. And I've passed the little shop countless times in Square One and decided to really see what the place was all about.

I decided to try some soaps because I wanted something to use when I was showering, not when I was bathing (as much as I love baths they aren't too good for the environment). I picked up Sultana of Soap, Rock Star and Honey I Washed the kids.

Claims from the Lush Canada Website: Revel in Sultana’s majesty, and have a wash with the royalty of soaps. It looks like a fancy Italian dessert; a giant nougat cake topped with succulent currants and apricots. Smooth a slice of our soft decadent soap all over your body for a creamy lather and the most dazzling bergamot and olibanum scent. Your skin will be delighted and you’ll be left softer and smelling like a fancy candy shop with a touch of fruity sweetness. If you weren’t invited to the wedding, at least you can brush shoulders with royalty in the shower.

I got this from Lush for $6.40 for 100g. This soap smells a lot like what I imagine to be a very Lush smell. It's sweet, a little fruity and there's some muskiness courtsey of the olibanum. It's soft and complex without being overwhelming. I find it nice and I'm a person who usually only likes gourmand scents.

Now the saleslady in Lush told me this soap was very moisturizing on the skin so I went into the shower with very high expectations. She told me the same thing about Honey I Washed The Kids which dried my skin out a lot and left me with that tight, squeaky feeling regular soaps often give the skin. So I deliberately sought out a soap that would be more moisturizing and I thought the Sultana of Soap would meet that criteria.

Unfortunately the Sultana made my skin feel that exact same way; tight and squeaky. No matter how gorgeous the smell, I can't put my skin through this sort of dryness. I do use it at a hand soap (no way I'm letting a soap this expensive go to waste) and I like the way the scent lingers on my hands. If (If and only if!) this soap was more moisturizing - like my all time favourite Dove beauty bars - I'd be in absolute heaven.

Likes:

1. The intriguing scent
2. How creamy it makes my skin feel while the lather is on my skin

Dislikes:

1. I feel like it's drying my skin out

 C+

No comments:

Post a Comment