Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pixi Tinted Brilliance Tinted Lip Balm Unique Pink Review

 
 
Here's another product I managed to snag during the Target Liquidation sales. I had wanted to try this lip balm for a long time and I the sale gave me the perfect excuse to pick this little thing up. Regularly it retails for $14 dollars but I got it for $8.


 
Claims from the Pixi UK Website: Super-nourishing, lip-staining balm that keeps lips in optimum condition while giving them lush colour. Award winning. Packed with lip-loving ingredients, this glossy gel balm protects & hydrates lips instantly. After the balm wears off, lips are left tinted with a flattering, personalized hue just for you (colour & intensity depends on pH level of lips).



As you can see the lip balm has a soft pink almost gel-like colour in the tube similar to a lot of these ph sensing lip balms. This lip balm supposedly flushes your lips with a personalized pink but really that's not true. I've done enough research to know these lip balms contain a pigment that is initally clear but turns bright pink when it comes in contact with moisture. I still do love this lip balms because they provide a nice flush of colour and it doesn't transfer!



The lip balm has a minty feel but it doesn't tingle for a really long time after application. The lip balm does feel hydrating on my lips and has a glossy appearance. I think it's really cool, the way the lip balm goes from clear to a brighter pink. The colour is never overwhelming against my skin tone which I think is fine.

My only gripe? The price! It's steep for a softly tinted lip balm! I'm glad I did try this lip balm cause I got to satisfy my curiosity but I wouldn't purchase this lip balm again just because of the price.

 
B

No comments:

Post a Comment