Thursday, February 12, 2015

Cake Beauty Heavy Cream Intensive Hand Repair Balm Review




Cake was so right to call this an intensive hand repair balm. It's rather thick for a hand cream. This is also the perfect product to take me through the cold Canadian winters. This is my first purchase from Cake beauty and I'm entirely pleased.

Claims from the Cake Beauty website: This supremely hydrating formula renews and protects hands for immediate and long lasting results. Made with 20% shea butter, this warm french vanilla scent melts into skin. 100ml

I purchased this hand cream at Costco; it came in a pair of hand creams that cost $22. This lured me in immediately with the whole 20% shea butter claim. I've got constantly dry hands so that claim sounded like absolute heaven. True to their word, Cake has jammed a lot of shea butter into this hand balm. The cream is as thick as you would expect it to be.

I was very afraid of the French vanilla scent. Cake's sister line Be Delectable has a vanilla hand cream out and I've tried it and it smelt like rotten vanilla scented play-doh. But this hand cream smells amazing. It's such a rich, sweet smell. Almost like the Nyx Butter Glosses but with a hint of buttery richness. I love how nice it smells and the fact that it's not cloying.

This hand cream is very very hydrating but doesn't cross the line over into greasiness (unless you apply too much). My hands feels moisturized but not slippery.

Heavy Cream has shaped up into being a lovely purchase and I'm very glad I bought it.

Likes:

1. It is so moisturizing!
2. It smells wonderful
3. No nonsencial chemicals in the ingredients list

Dislikes:

I haven't got any to list and if I were to look for any I'd be nitpicking.

 A+

No comments:

Post a Comment