Friday, February 6, 2015

Maybelline Limited Edition Holiday Baby Lips 2014 Ruby Star & Winter Flush Review




I'm a fickle fan of the Maybelline Baby Lips Line. Sometimes I put them on my lips and they feel like pure heaven. Other times I put them on and they feel like grease that refuses to sink into my skin. I love sheer red lips, so I snagged this two pack just for Ruby Star. I purchased these from Wal-Mart for about $6.


Both have a peppermint smell and go onto lips feeling fairly minty. I don't care for minty scents or tingles but it's there. Ruby Star is the pink tube while Winter Flush is the red tube. Ruby Star is a fairly pigmented blue toned red lip balm. Winter Flush is an almost milky peachy red with the slightest shimmer (its absolutely unnoticable on lips).

I swatched Strike A Rose next to these two because I though that Strike A Rose might be very similar to Winter Flush. Unfortunately it's not. Winter Flush is definitely less pink then the permanent electro shade.



I love Ruby Star but I don't like Winter Flush. It's the sort of lip balm that clings to any dry patches on your lips and that is just intolerable in a lip balm (at least to me). Ruby Star just glides right over my lips and masks any dry patches.

I know Baby Lips tends to have a very slippery formula, but these can feel extra slippery to me at times and even downright greasy. Maybelline says these lip balms keep your lips moisturized for up to 8 hours and I don't find that to be true; reapplication is necessary. And really when they glide on so easily application isn't a problem.

I wish Ruby Star had come in a package by itself.

Likes:

1. The cool red colour of Ruby Star
2. The "wetness" of the lip balm feels very moisturizing on dry lips initially
3. How easily these lip balsm glide on

Dislikes:

1. How greasy these lip balms can feel
2. How Winter Flush clings to dry patches
3. Peppermint smell

Winter Flush C 
Ruby Star B

No comments:

Post a Comment